Pages

Friday 22 July 2016

Day 7... Teamwork


What Is Teamwork?

Teamwork is when two people or more people work together and treat each other how they want to be treated. Teamwork is very important especially in partner activities or team activities. At the first ever Paralympic Games in Rome, the athletes competed in eight sports. Cycling was one of them. For the cycling event, two people compete together as a team – one of the people has a disability and the other does not.


Teamwork In The Olympics

Approximately one month after the Olympic Games finish, there is a second Olympic competition. This competition is specifically for athletes who have physical disabilities. It is called the Paralympics. The first official Paralympic Games were held in Rome, Italy in 1960.At the first ever Paralympic Games in Rome, the athletes competed in eight sports. Cycling was one of them. For the cycling event, two people compete together as a team – one of the people has a disability and the other does not. Here is a picture of a para-cycling team from New Zealand:
C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Paraclycing team (NZ).jpg



Trusting Others

In the Cycling event the disabled person has to be able to trust the other person, to be in the front seat guiding the disabled person. Trusting other means you have faith in them and you believe them too. I suggest trusting people you already know such as friends, family and relatives (A person connected by blood ). Make sure the person you're trusting is someone who always tells the truth, never lies and someone who trusts you.


Who Would I Cycle With?


I would cycle with my best friend Riiana because I can trust her, she LOVES riding bikes like me and she trusts me. I know that I can trust Riiana because we've known each other for quite a while and we never lied to each other. If we were cycling together I would be on the back seat peddling while Riiana's in the front peddling and steering.



I the comments below and tell me who you would cycle with and why.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica,

    This is such a lovely post and a great tribute to your friendship with Riiana! I hope that you guys have a great start to Term 3.

    Cheers, Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome to see that you can explain and show team work! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete