Pages

Sunday 17 July 2016

Day 3... Learning About Trampoline Gymnastics


Trampoline Gymnastics


I was learning about the 2016 Olympics in Rio and found some new events. 
Fun Fact: There will be 28 different sports played at the Olympic Games this year in Rio. I was really interested in the Trampoline Gymnastics event. The aim is to jump high and do a Rudy Out  ( A double somersault with one and a half twist). Here are two rules you need to remember  1. Each competitor performs two sets of 10 routines – single, double or triple somersaults, with and without twists. 2.After the judge gives the signal, the gymnast must start their performance within one minute, during which they are allowed to jump on the trampoline until they reach the required height and stability.  If I had to perform in front a lot of people on a trampoline and  had to do flips and special tricks I would be extremely nervous! In the comments below tell me how you will feel if you  had to perform in front a lot of people on a trampoline and had to do flips and had to do special tricks. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica,

    I think that I would feel exactly the same way that you would - nervous! I would also be quite excited because I would know that I had been working towards this event for the past four years of my life. It would put quite a bit of pressure on you, though, wouldn't it? I would feel as though I had disappointed everyone if I didn't do my very best and win a medal.

    Ironically, I recently bought Aronui (my son) a trampoline for our back yard. I wonder if he will love it so much that he decides to train to become a Trampoline Gymnast. Anything is possible...

    Keep up the great work with your blogging. You have five more days to post activity blogs and earn points. You're well on your way to being one of the Top 3 bloggers. Keep up the great effort!

    Cheers, Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete