Pages

Tuesday 19 July 2016

Day 4... If I Could Meet An Athlete

If I Could Meet An Athlete
If I could meet an athlete out of Lauren Boyle, Andrea Kilday and Stuart Farquhar I would chose Lauren Boyle. I want to meet Lauren Boyle because she's a New Zealand swimmer and I enjoy swimming. 

Lauren Boyle was born in 1987. Lauren Boyle is 183 cm in height. Lauren Boyle is set to become just the fourth Kiwi swimmer to attend three Olympic Games. Her best Olympic result so far was a brilliant fourth placing in the 800m freestyle final in London 2012. Lauren is New Zealand's most successful swimmer, winning five of the country's 10 medals ever won at the FINA World Championships. In 2014 Lauren became the first New Zealander to win three medals at a single Pan Pacific Championship. She broke the 1500m freestyle short course world record last year and was a FINA World 25m Champion in 2012. Lauren is a member of the United Swimming Club in Auckland.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica,

    I also love to swim! I used to work as a lifeguard when I was younger so spent most of my teenage years at a pool. I actually really miss swimming now that I'm a bit older and no longer able to get out to the pool as often as I would like.

    However, I am hoping to change that habit this summer. My son, Aronui, loves swimming so the two of us are going to go to our local pool every week for a fun swim. I'm really looking forward to it!

    I would also look forward to meeting Lauren Boyle. She is a really talented freestyle swimmer who may be have 'outside' chance of winning a medal in Rio. I really hope that she does!

    Thanks for sharing all of this information about Lauren. It was really interesting! (Can you please add the name of the website that you used to find this information? It would be great to know. That way those of us who are reading your post can go to the original source if we want to know even more about her!)

    Cheers :)

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete