Pages

Wednesday 4 July 2018

Nacho (Not Your) Cheese! - Cooking With George

This week at Tech, Mrs Tuipulotu put us into new pairs. My new bubby for Tech is a student from Saint Puis named George. George and I made Nachos following Mrs Tuipulotu's recipe.

Nachos - Method and Ingredients 

Step 1 - Dice an onion.
- Fry until soft.
Step 2 - Break up the mince.
- Add to fried onion until a nice brown color.
Step 3 - Mix together baked beans, a tablespoon of tomato paste and tomato puree until combined.
Step 4 - Add sauce to the mince.
- Add cheese to the mince once the sauce is bubbling.
Step 5 - Serve the Nachos with corn chips on a plate or in a bowl.

When we plated our food I could see the cheese sliding down like an avalanche. It looked so good but, smelt weird to me. Mrs Tuipuloto come around giving everyone a plastic spoon so we could taste our food. My partner George said he liked the flavour of the sauce so, I took his word for it and gave it a go... To be honest, I thought it had a weird, sour taste. 

If I were to make Nachos again I would use kidney beans(black beans) instead of baked beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment