Pages

Wednesday 20 March 2019

Wher, wher, wher! - Week 6 at Tech

Today my class went to Tech.

My group was and still is with Mr Grundy. Our task from day 1 was to create an item that has a purposeful use. First we had to draw 8 designs that would work, then following that we had to choose one design that we thought was the best and wanted to construct.

Now, at this point we are all working with 320 mm wood blocks. For whatever design we are making we have to get our measurements one hundred percent correct. For instance, I'm making a key rack. I've decided to make the back of it 170 mm long so, therefore my piece for the actual keys is 150 mm long. Mr Grundy is always stating that we need to be very precise and careful, one crooked line or cut could change the whole project.

So far I'm up to chiseling my piece of wood to create a joint.

No comments:

Post a Comment