Pages

Wednesday 8 May 2019

πŸ™ŒπŸ€πŸ‘


On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday Riiana, Leanah and I presented the teachers with 6 different posters based on New Zealand Sign Language Week.

Not only did we present some NZSL posters, we also made 3/6 of our own. One poster entirely made specifically for Mrs Brough, another with words the juniors commonly use and the last one filled with signs the seniors should learn based on their learning criteria.


We presented the teachers with our posters during morning tea. Riiana and Leanah did all the talking while I repeated in sign language. It was challenging and fun learning NZSL. I had to learn many different signs according to what was being said. 

In the video below, we are displaying two posters which we coloured in. We also printed out a small poster with medical signs for Mrs Shortland. Our first presentation was on Monday:



On Tuesday we presented the teachers with the posters we had made for the students.

Then there was another... on Wednesday Riiana and I presented Mrs Brough with her very own poster. It consisted of words such as, thank you, boss, email and other computer and manner phrases

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Jessica,
    I'm Sari from parkview parua school. I really liked how you learnt sing language just for the presentation and how you made your own posters. Next time try to put more information on why you did the presentation and not just what it was about. This reminds me of when I had to try and learn sing language in class because we did it in inquiry.
    -Sari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sari!

      Thanks for the feedback. I'll definitely take your advise. Next time I write about a presentation I'll add more information as to why we did the presentation.

      Thank you once again, Jessica.

      Delete