Pages

Wednesday 29 May 2019

Celebrating Samoan Language Week


On Sunday the 26th of May was the beginning of Samoan language week in Aotearoa. There are many events happening around the country to comemorate the Pacific culture. Acording to KiwiKidsNews, Samoan language week is the first of the seven Pacific cultures to be celebrated this year.

The theme for this year is "Weave an environment for a better future." I am Samoan myself so I feel like this week my culture really gets to shine. I also love the fact that we, as students, are encouraged to embrace their true colours culturally. Take for example, my school. On Friday our principal, Mrs Hamilton, is allowing all Samoan children to wear their traditional cothing.

I love learning and celebrating all sort of cultures.

Lalaga le si'osi'omaga mo se lumanaʻi manuia!

No comments:

Post a Comment